New York, United States of America
I bought and converted this 2006 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 in June 2019. It is a Mercedes Benz 2.7L I5 20v DOHC Turbo Diesel with very low miles (currently 39,500 real miles). It is in very good shape inside and out, and I have diligently serviced the vehicle, including routine oil and coolant changes; replaced alternator (Oct 2019), EGR valve and shocks (March 2020).
This van build was a labor of love. All designs are my own, but I did hire a carpenter to help me frame the interior. All the details are mine. I put in hundreds of hours of careful and faithful work to outfit the van efficiently and stylishly, including the following features:
- Convertible bed - bench: comfortably sleeps one but can accommodate two (40" x 75") .
- Abundant closet, cabinet, cubby and shelf storage.
-Electric: 12V DC 120 Amp supplemental battery with 1500W AC inverter as well as 12V overhead LED lights; 110V electric hookup for campgrounds, etc. Could easily add additional batteries, solar, or both.
- Kitchen: 2-burner LP stove and "plumbed" sink setup with 5 gallon water system with clean water tank, manual foot pump, and grey water tank.
- Initially had a compost toilet, but I never used it and so got rid of it.
- Currently no windows--I had to keep a low profile in NYC--but has a ceiling skylight for light and airflow.
- Everbilt 36Qt high-performance cooler for refrigeration.
I have driven the van cross country twice, used it as a commuter vehicle, and lived in it Fall and Winter in NYC.
For those who are seriously interested, I can supply additional documents, including pics documenting all steps of the conversion, as well as paperwork for title, materials, repairs and upgrades. I am also happy to video conference with those who have additional questions.
Thanks and happy van shopping!