Perfect camper van for the adventurous who need lots of storage space for gear! I finished converting this 2015 Ram Promaster 2500 (159” wheel base) in January 2020 and then spent the last 10 months living the van life and traveling in a loop around the US. This van is great because it can handle rough terrain, and can still fit in a regular parking spot. I also just repainted and restained all surfaces inside the van, so the interior is in like-new condition (some pictures were taken before repainting, some after).
This van can accommodate tall people, I’m 6’ 2” and I built the interior to fit with me standing up inside. The main bed is 75” X 48” and is the most unique part of the van. It has wheels underneath, and has pulleys and a locking system so that you can roll it outside on a nice night and sleep under the stars! The bed also has a hinge down the middle, so you can use the pulleys and lift up the back of the bed, turning it into a couch. The 2 ft wide bench also functions as an extra bed, and can fit another tall person at 6’ 4” long.
The best part about the van is the massive storage area under the bed. The main storage area 43” wide by 42” tall by 66” deep) can fit a mountain bike with the front wheel on, and 4 large containers (or even a 2nd bike and some smaller containers). There is shelving on both sizes as well, where you can fit lots of gear. I was able to fit golf clubs, an inflatable paddle board, kayak and paddleboard paddles, suitcases with winter clothes, and lots of camping and fishing gear.
Other major features include a huge 72” X 48” magnetic whiteboard wall, and a 24” X 24” table that folds away when not being used. There’s also a nice epoxy coated kitchen countertop with a spin faucet that can rotate 360 degrees, and a good-sized sink with room to store pots and pans underneath.
The two flexible solar panels on the roof, and the smart battery isolator, charge the 2 X 100 Amp Hour batteries, which are stored in the back. This is what runs the front and back dimmable lights, the Maxxair 5100K fan, the 1000W inverter, the large 54-quart fridge, and all the other electronics.
Please reach out if you’re interested, I’d love to give you a virtual tour and answer any questions you may have about the van!
- Unique Bed (75” X 48”) that can roll outside at night and has a hinge to turn into a couch
- Large 54 Quart RV Fridge
- Huge 72” X 48” Magnetic Whiteboard Wall
- Reversing Camera
- Full Spare Tire
- Folding 24” X 24” Table
- Maxxair 5100K Fan (can be run in the rain)
- Vinyl Flooring
- 5-Gallon Propane Tank with 10 ft propane hose
- 2-Burner Coleman Gas Camping Stove
- Separate Front and Back Lights (on dimmers)
- Storage Area over driver and passenger seats
- 6-Gallon Fresh and Gray Water Tanks
- Camco 5.3 Gallon Portable Toilet (only used once, can be removed before sale if requested)
- 2 x 100 Watt Suaoki Flexible Solar Panels
- ERAYAK 1000 Watt Inverter with 3 plugs and 2 USB chargers
- 20 Amp Allpowers Charge Controller
- 2 x 100 Amp Hour Deep Cycle Batteries
- 2 USB Charging Ports next to the bed
Sprinter, Van or SUV, Class B