Boulder, Colorado 80302, United States of America
UPDATE: This van is now sold, but we are operating as a van conversion company based in Boulder, Colorado. To learn more, check out our website, CoyoteConversions.com.
We are selling our beloved tiny home on wheels! My husband Callan and I spent five months building this beauty last year, and had a wonderful six months of travel all over the Western US. Callan is a professional carpenter and designed and built everything in the van.
Our entire build has been fully documented, so if you have some time on your hands, here you go:
Full build-out video (start to finish)
About the van:
It's a 2006 Sprinter with 96,000 miles. With the T1N engine, it's a sought-after year, and with such low miles, it's something of a unicorn. The van had just one owner prior to us (from British Columbia), and kept service records on everything. We purchased it in July 2018 with 80,000 miles on it.
We've had some mechanic work done since we bought it, including a new muffler, new ball joints, two new tires, and regular services and oil changes. It's run beautifully on our trip around the country this summer, and mechanics typically rave about how good the engine looks. We can provide service records for the past year.
- Roughly 14 feet interior space
- Ceiling height is 5'11"
- 3 x Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panels
- Renogy 200 Watt 12V Off-Grid Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- 2 x Renogy Deep Cycle 200 Ah, 12V Batteries
- Renogy Rove 40 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller (brand new)
- 3 x 110V wall sockets (next to bed and in kitchen)
- 2 x USB sockets next to bed
- Overhead dimmable lights with two control switches
- LED strip lights over countertops
- Fully tiled with ceramic tiles and flexible mortar (we drove over many miles of dirt roads and never had a single issue with tiles breaking/moving)
- Teak shower mat
- Dometic Heki Mini Plus RV Skylight with screen and darkening shade
- Dometic Cassette toilet (Could be swapped out for a Nature's Head toilet as it is fully wired and vented for one)
- Nautilus Sliding Opaque Shower Door
- Girard RV Tankless Water Heater (runs off propane and is piping hot)
- 3-burner Atwood/Dometic Stove and Oven
- 3 separate Maple butcher-block countertop spaces (four including table)
- 8 drawers for kitchen storage
- 2 overhead cupboards for food storage
- MagicChef Mini-Fridge
- Elkay Quartz Classic Sink
- WEWE Single Handle High Arc Brushed Nickel Pull out Kitchen Faucet
- Dometic Fantastic Fan (extraction fan for cooking and air-flow) (BRAND NEW)
- IKEA planter box and bar with hooks
- Full-size, custom-made curtain to block off front seats from living space (both black-out and insulating)
- Atwood Furnace 16,000 BTU (runs off propane with two vents - one in kitchen and one under the bed)
- Dometic furnace control unit at foot of bed
- Queen-sized 6-inch foam mattress (breaks down into five pieces for bed/couch transformation) with removal cushion covers for washing
- Soft panels surrounding bed
- Bookshelf and shelf next to bed
- Soft-paneled Couch-back that doubles as storage
- Insulated custom-made curtains, attached with magnets along window sills. These curtains provide total blackout and insulating functions with Warm Window Shade material and blackout material.
- Four overhead cupboards for clothing storage
- Maple butcher block table with Lagun Swivel Table mount (table becomes part of bed)
- Small custom-made drop-down table to hold coffee/laptop/book while sitting in bed
- Custom-made Motion Windows panoramic windows for incredible views from bed and kitchen
- 32 gallon water tank (stored under bed)
- SHURFLO Water Pump with silencing kit
- 13 gallon grey water tank mounted underneath van
- 12.2 gallon Flame King Propane tank with remote fill kit, mounted under van (feeds water heater, furnace, stove/oven)
- 6 overhead cupboards
- 1 under-counter cabinet with door
- 8 kitchen drawers
- 4 under-bed compartments (2 accessible from inside van, 2 accessible from back doors)
- IKEA Mirror
- Hooks for coats/hats behind driver's seat
- Twine picture-hangers
This van would be wonderful for someone who loves cooking! We love to cook, and created ample counter space so we could both take part in food prep. Our stove/oven combo has been amazing and we often have pizza nights on the road. The bed transforms into a couch and table, with comfortable soft panels along one side so you can sit with your back against the wall and enjoy the view while you eat! We installed two large windows on the driver's side of the van, allowing for more natural light, and creating a fantastic panorama for those epic camping spots.
- Based on the van's low mileage and mechanical condition
- Material costs of build
- Labor cost (over 1000 hours of build time)
We're selling the van in order to kick-start our van conversion company, Coyote Conversions (on Instagram @Coyote_Conversions) While we love this van dearly and will be gutted to see it go, we've had a good run in it and are hopeful its next owners will enjoy it as much as we have.
The van is currently based in Boulder, CO - please email with any inquiries. Asking $75k OBO - email or call to discuss.
Boulder, Colorado 80302, United States of America