Laguna Niguel, California 92677, United States
Selling my 2006 Dodge Sprinter. I've used this Sprinter as a home for about two years and a weekend getaway vehicle for the past 8 or so months. I did the conversion on this Sprinter myself about three years ago. At the time I was two years into a mechanical engineering degree and had I'd worked in woodworking and welding shops since high school. With work and life I'm not using it as much as I should, so I'd like to see it go off to a new home who will enjoy it a little more.
The van is built to be a completely off the grid camper with plenty of room for mountain bikes, climbing equipment, or other gear. It also has a pull out desk for serving as a mobile home office when the need arises. It has a kitchen area with a two burner camp stove and a small sink. The van comfortably houses two people for extended amounts of time and/or permanently.
Interior and Living Area
- 200 Watts of solar power on the roof
- 200 AMP Hours of AGM Deep Cycle batteries
- Bluetooth Radio
- Fridge (Dometic CFX 50W)
- Sink with two 7 gallons tanks for freshwater and grey water
- Hand pump faucet
- Two burner camp stove (Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove)
- Pull out desk on 500 lb. drawer slides
- Drawers for storage
- Overhead storage shelf
- Adjustable LED can lights
- Perimeter string lights
- Reversible 'Fantastic' roof vent/fan
- Rotating front seats
- 71" x 62" Bed
- 6'0" of standing room
Exterior and Service
- 54" LED Light Bar
- Bridgestone Deuler A/T tires (50-60% life left)
- EGR valve replaced approximately 1000 miles ago
- Glow plugs replaced approximately 1000 miles ago
- Radiator replaced approximately 9,000 miles ago
- Exhaust manifold replaced approximately 12,000 miles ago
- Oil and fuel filter change done approximately 2,000 miles ago
There are a couple of things the van needs.
1) The air conditioner control unit is in need of repair or replacement.
The AC hardware works fine (if the compressor is given charge the AC blows plenty cold) but the controller is damaged which is a typical problem with these Sprinters. Approximately $120-$200 for the part.
2) The van needs new struts. When getting tie rods and ball joints replaced, the shop told me the van could do for new struts. I had intended to replace these myself but never got around to it. Approximately $160 for the parts.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I respond best to calls or texts