Iowa, United States of America
No words can express the sorrow this brings me but do to medical expenses we have decided to sell our WanderBus we have so much enjoyed exploring with.
There are so many more pros to owning a Skoolie in comparison to an RV, one of the biggest is the difference in how the frames are built, a bus has steal ribs, and will last in the worst of weather (we have tested it) and is overall safer with a larger carrying capacity. Most RV/trailers are made with cheap, light wood. Also our bus has better Mpgs and more torque than most large size RV's. Expect 10-12 mpg. It’s insured as an RV. You will be the most visited camper at your campground, people love seeing the Skoolie and asking questions.
2005 E450 6.0 Liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine Short bus $18000
135,000 miles ( just a baby in diesel years)
Tires in good condition
I know the 6.0 L has a bad reputation but we put some major $$ to preventative corrections that these engines typically have making the engine road trip ready.
Work recently performed:
• New Oil Cooler, with oil changed and fluids flushed
• Thermostat replaced
• EGR Cooler Deletion (EGR cooler/valve issues are a notorious problem with these engines, we had those issues addressed so there will be no worries for future issues)
• Water-pump and hose replaced.
We have put some miles on it this summer, and just took it on a 3 hour road trip last weekend (10/19) she runs great.
The work is pretty much done; this baby is self-contained and ready to boondock!
• LVT Flooring, Subfloor insulated.
*Cedar wall panels, stained, and R15 rated insulation underneath, strong support walls.
• Queen Size Loft bed with plenty of room to build storage underneath. Comes with Queen mattress (it's clean!)
• 30 gallon water tank, and pump hooked up to sink
• Giant sink, and water faucet
• Oak Cabinets
• Custom-built solid Oak dinette benches with storage (seats 4) and cushions, with custom-built table that converts to a plus size twin bed. *Added bonus, table is portable and can be used as an outdoor table.
• Loads of outlets throughout the bus
• Led lights inside, and reading lights on bed loft
• Outside Flood lights and outlets
• 400 Watt Solar panels with 2300 Watt Inverter, and two 6 V deep cycled Golf Cart batteries (and plenty of room to add more).
• 40 L- Dometic fridge, the best low amp fridge you can buy
• Lots of cabinet space
• Bathroom/Closet with chemical toilet
• Two DOT legal transit bucket seats with seatbelts
• Custom made curtains and screens for windows, enjoy the view all around you!
• Beautiful custom made countertop, table and trim.
She's ready to go for your next adventure!