There has been a ton of theoretical interest in this truck with no one actually coming to see it in person! I'd love to get it sold before the summer road trip ends so feel free to reach out with an offer.
This is my third complete conversion! The entire project was documented over 9 months on my Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/putacamperinit/ ) , with a consolidated version including vehicle disclosure here: ( https://imgur.com/gallery/JPmKFkp ).
After finishing up a 1990 Dodge Campervan conversion last summer ( https://imgur.com/gallery/aR1ljFD ), I was looking for a new project. This beautiful truck popped up on CL in Vegas, so clearly I had to hop on a flight and buy it as soon as possible. I told myself that if she made the drive home to Seattle without issue, this would be my next camper buildout. Two days and 1200miles of summer desert driving later, I arrived home safely, with only a broken speedometer. Not too shabby for a 43-year-old truck! Since last summer, the truck has been upgraded to the moon and the camper fully restored. This vehicle is in turnkey, ready to hit the road condition, with a fresh tune-up, new tires, and a camper so nice you'll just want to live in it full-time.
Note on the images: I only just received the back-ordered polished stainless fender guards, window rain covers, and rain gutter trim, so those are only seen on the first image of the truck.
1978 Ford F150 Custom with a fully restored vintage aluminum camper shell.
- 8ft Full bed and RWD
- 300i 6 cylinder
- Manual 4 speed with crawler 1st gear
- 54k original miles (I was told it hasn’t been rolled over but take that for what it is)
- Custom paint in “vintage teal” and “heirloom white”
- Custom welded front brush guard with high beams and custom-made spare tire cage with full-size tire.
- Vintage Aluminum truck bed camper shell, fully restored with rebuilt windows, polished aluminum everything, new insulation/wiring/cabinets, and a new paint job to match the truck.
- Secondary power system for camper electrical with solar and 5lb propane for stove and heater.
- Full-size width bed with new mattress, dedicated fridge, propane stove, water faucet and tons of storage.
- Fully restored front cab with modern upgrades (like heated seats and surround sound Bluetooth stereo).
- Wireless projector with pull-down screen to make the camper a home theatre system on wheels.
The full listing with all the camper and truck specs available
here: ( https://conversiontrader.com/listing/1978-ford-f-150-camper-conversion/ ) .