Colorado, United States
Embrace the charm: are you seeking a campervan that's brimming with character and ready to ignite your wanderlust? Well, look no further! For your consideration is a one-of-a-kind campervan for sale—a white 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500 (dubbed 'Sarabi') that has been lovingly transformed into a mobile haven. This van is an opportunity to embark on memorable road trips and establish side/backcountry base camps for outdoor shenanigans, all with a touch of nostalgia. Some of Sarabi's highlights from the past few years with me:
- Supporting Umphrey's McGee during their Colorado 2022 tour dates (netting me some cash and VIP tickets!)
- Pacific Highway 1 from Seattle to San Diego
- Multiple extended climbing expeditions to Joshua Tree, Cochise Stronghold, and the Wind River Range
- Provisioning and hauling an 8-person canoe trip to the Boundary Waters
Model: Sprinter 3500
Engine: Mercedes-Benz 2.7L inline 5cyl diesel (THIS IS THE LEGENDARY "MILLION MILE MOTOR"!)
Mileage: 132,xxx (just barely over 132,000 as of yesterday)
Drivetrain - RWD; DUALIES in the back!
Fuel Type: Diesel
Size: 158" wheelbase (extended backend), high-roof version with about 73" of interior height available
Engine Work: I personally replaced the original plastic turbo resonator with a high-quality machined part. I also replaced the main turbo intake hose with one that has a much more durable metal cap. Additionally, all glow plugs have been recently replaced, and the engine compartment has been recently cleaned and detailed.
Interior Features: Step into a world where cozy comfort meets vintage charm! The interior of this campervan has been thoughtfully designed to make every journey feel like a nostalgic escape:
- All custom-built wooden furniture inside, including:
- Space for a double-sized mattress (the current mattress in the van can be yours for free!) on sturdy slats
- Floating shelves and two USB/2-prong outlets in the 'bedroom'
- A three-compartment 'closet' connecting to the bedframe, all with built-in shelves and cubbies, hidden behind a classy
hand-made Roman shade
- A long shelf atop the closet (has served as a bookshelf for me)
- A storage bench at the foot of the bed that doubles as seating
- A long bench along the interior passenger wall, which also has a good deal of storage and seating
- A custom-built galley with:
- A sink driven by an electric pump
- Four upper cabinets, a pantry cabinet on the side, four drawers in the middle, a drawer containing the freezer/fridge, a
hidden compartment for the stove, and an under-sink cabinet (contains the greywater tank)
- A beautiful tiled backsplash
- Main counter is a gorgeous piece of live-edge Giant Sequoia, finished in food-grade oil from the Milk Paint Company
- Under-cabinet lighting for the countertop
- Magnetic knife strip attached to the wall
- Spice rack
- A spacious "garage" area under the bed containing:
- A 20-gallon freshwater tank (includes connection pieces for filling/draining)
- The battery box (120Ah LiFePO4 battery, solar charge controller, inverter, fusebox and electrical safety control)
- Multiple large shelves
- The storage bench at the foot of the bed has a swinging door on the bottom that allows long items (a surfboard, for
example) in the back to fit easily
- A 4-speed exhaust fan above the bed that generates good airflow for sleeping
- A double sliding door mechanism that separates the driver compartment from the rest of the van for privacy during
- Cedar paneling overhead with dimmable, touch-activated, recessed LEDs
Exterior: Sarabi's exterior boasts a classic white finish, though there are small blemishes here and there which are typical for the age of the vehicle. Speaking from experience, this van is extremely well-suited for urban stealth camping!
- 2 100W solar panels mounted on the top of the van
Adventure-Ready! With all its quirks and charm, this campervan is more than just a mode of transportation—it's a vessel for unforgettable adventures. While it may show its age in some aspects, it's been well-maintained and is ready to take you on incredible journeys. Every adventure mobile has its own story, and this campervan is no exception. It may have its quirks and idiosyncrasies, but that's part of what makes it special. Embrace the character and create your own narrative as you venture into the unknown!
Sarabi has been an excellent companion for me over the past few years, taking me practically everywhere west of the Mississippi that I have dreamed of going. When my career took a hard left turn over the COVID-19 pandemic, I was able to find financial stability by renting the van as both an Airbnb and an RV, always to glowing reviews.
Ready to begin your vanlife journey? If you're ready to embark on an adventure filled with nostalgia and unexpected joys, this converted campervan is the perfect fit. Priced at $33,000, or the best offer, she offers a chance to explore the continent - perhaps the world - for those seeking the solace of the roads less traveled.
I am very much open to negotiating on the price, however I will only consider serious offers.
Thank you for reading!