Encinitas, California 92024, United States
DESCRIPTION ------- (scroll down for additions and specs)
I am selling my ‘09 Subaru Outback (named Sandy) that only has 72000 miles on it!! She comes with everything you need to live life out on the road for weeks at a time. I say this with confidence because I just got back from a 5-week international road trip where I spent all but 4 nights sleeping in my car. I’m 6’2 and am able to stretch around and sleep comfortably even with my 30-lb dog
Gets 23-24 mpg on the highway when doing 70-75, but that drops to 19 mpg if you do 80. This car is for cruising and enjoying, not speeding.
Gets 19 mpg in the city
I'm sure you're wondering why I'm selling it if I love it so much. Well I will be leaving the country for a bit, and don't want Sandy to sit unappreciated. Plus, when I do get back, I can build a new one, Sandy 2.0 or something.
This is a salvage title, but only because it was stolen from the previous owner then recovered 12 hours later. Due to that unknown 12 hour period, the insurance company wrote it off. Before I bought it, I had a mechanic in Portland do a pre-purchase inspection, and he found nothing wrong with the car other than A/C that needed recharging. I then drove it 1100 miles in 2 days and had it inspected by my mechanic back home in San Diego who also found nothing wrong with the car. I have the paperwork to back everything up including the Carfax. I've already driven about 9000 miles with Sandy, and haven't had even the slightest of issues.
1. Fridge (45qt) - Whynter brand
2. Odyssey battery - PC2150 agm group 31
3. Professionally installed isolator keeps the car battery from being drained while the car is off
4. Renogy 3000w inverter
5. Nilight 20” 126w LED Light Bar Spot Flood Combo --- It's mounted down low where the license plate usually is, so it's great for casting shadows of dips and bumps on backroads
6. Two small push button lights illuminate the kitchen from the inside of the rear hatch
7. Llumar window tint (the best in the game) on everything but the windshield.
8. Dokio 300W solar panels
1. Roof box (Antidote brand) - 21 cubic ft of space (75”L x 28.5”W x 15”H - internally)
2. Two long underbed storage boxes - (36”L x 17”W x 7”H) --- You can keep 1.5 weeks worth of clothes in one and up to two weeks worth of food in the other
3. Four smaller storage boxes - 6 qt capacity each
4. Two 18qt storage tubs that fit underneath the bed where the backseats used to be
5. 55" Malone aero crossbars
6. If you are traveling solo, the passenger seat and footwell become an easy, convenient place to store stuff you want easier access to
1. Rhino Rack dome tent - 50sq ft of shade (off drivers side) - perfect for taller folks
2. Seven gallon water tank - located behind passenger seat under the head of the bed
3. Four inch foam/air mattress - QOMOTOP brand (Twin XL)
4. Slide out kitchen contains a single burner, butane stove as well as a drawer containing; 1 pan, 2 bowls, 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 spoons, 2 knives, 1 cup, 1 spatula, 1 mixing spoon, 1 large cutting knife, 1 wine opener, tongs, 1 cutting board, kitchen scissors, electric rechargeable lighter for stove
5. Portable shower by RinseKit with hot water capabilities - can also be used for dishes
6. Reflective heat/cold shields - cut out for each window with a storage spot to keep them rolled up and out of the way during the day
7. HeatShield reflective windshield sunblocker
8. GCI camping compact table 20
9. Toyo Celsius M/S tires - Full sized spare included
10. Fiskars 46-in Steel D-handle shovel mounted on roof behind the dome tent
11. If wanted, I can include the rear hitch swing-out tire carrier. Also comes with a durable “tire backpack” that holds all trash and recycling
1. Class B/C fire extinguisher mounted behind fridge on the drivers side
2. Garmin mini dashcam to help protect your investment from whatever happens.
Hardwired into the car battery, so even if someone hits you while your away, the camera will turn on and capture video
3. Bear Spray
4. CO Alarm
5. CAT 1200 peak AMP jump starter, air compressor, thing charger
6. Jumper cables
7. Fiskars 26" long handled axe
The biggest benefit to owning this car over other campers or rigs, is that you can use this as a daily driver as well.
I fully understand that purchasing this vehicle is a big commitment, so if you have any questions, feel free to reach out and ask away. I'm always excited to talk about it.
Encinitas, California 92024, United States