Fontana-on-Geneva Lake, Wisconsin 53125, United States
PRICE JUST DROPPED!
1994 Mitsubishi Delica, 2.8L Turbo Diesel, 4WD, Long Wheel Base (rare), High Crystallite Roof, Sun Roof, right hand drive. 180,000km (110,000 miles) in great condition. It features 2WD, AWD, 4H and 4L 4WD.
This is a fully fledged, proven adventure van. Also useful as a pandemic/post-election fiasco/zombie apocalypse-mobile. Plus it fits inside a 20' shipping container.
Price is $25,500 negotiable. Most stock short wheel base L400 Delicas are going for about $16,000. Keep reading for all the modifications (many only available in Australia where the conversion was done) and upgrades on this one-of--kind adventure-mobile.
The van is fully imported, currently titled/registered in South Dakota, and located in Southeast Wisconsin. The full build out was done in Australia before shipping to the US for a trip down the Pan-American Highway! Due to the 25 year rule for foreign imports, these models are relatively new in the US. Calling all Delica pioneers!
Why are we selling? We have recently become a family of 3! As this van is a two seater only (we have installed a marine grade ply, insulated floor in the back), we'll need to upgrade to a >3 seat rig.
Engine: Recently rebuilt (December 2019) - brand new timing chain kit, valves, camshaft, gaskets, thermostat, expansion tank, belts, and harmonic balancer. Injectors were cleaned and calibrated. Recent full radiator flush. Oil and filter have been changed every 5000km since we have owned it. Replaced glow plugs and starter motor in May 2019.
All in all, the van and engine are in great condition. There is no rust and only a few minor paint scratches/scuffs.
• 2" Dobinsons Australia suspension lift
• New BFG KO2 tires (~4,000km right now)
• 3 Heavy Duty Rhino roof bars
• 110 watt solar panel (sits below roof bars, so you can still utilize the full area of the roof bars)
• 2.5x2.5m side awning
• Xrox bull bar with bash plates
• Custom side steps/Rock sliders
• Custom rear wheel and triple jerrycan holder
• 2 steel jerry cans included
• PWR full aluminum aftermarket radiator. This is almost twice as thick as the standard radiator and is the number one upgrade that we would recommend to anyone with a Delica. This radiator alone cost us $800 2 years ago.
• Custom water tank mounted underneath. We can't fully vouch for this tank as we never used it other than testing that it does indeed hold water (wanting to keep our weight down). It is basically an aluminum shell designed to fit where the spare tire used to be.
• Custom camper setup with loads of storage and plenty of opportunity for alteration
• Bench that folds into 2 person bed (full length, in-between twin and double width)
• 35L Dometic Waeco refrigerator
• Exhaust vent fan and movable fan
• Ceiling LED lights
• Switch board with 12v cig lighter socket and 2 USB ports
• 120 amp hour AGM battery (powered by solar and alternator)
• KickAss battery box with 4x anderson connectors, DC/DC charger. This is connected to the main battery and a solar input. The DC/DC charger prioritizes solar over the main battery until the load is too high.
• 5 meter long Anderson extension lead for use with a portable solar panel.
• 3 into 1 anderson electrical adaptor
• Anderson to alligator clips adaptor
• Custom made center console
• Bluetooth stereo/CD player with microphone
• Spare parts box - we replaced the belts, expansion tank, etc in the rebuild but the old ones were fine so we kept them
• Spare alternator
• Spare starter motor (rebuilt original)
Other valuable items we can negotiate into the price include recovery boards, 12v air compressor, LifeSaver water filter jerry can, Coleman camp stove, and a Garmin inReach GPS.
You can see more pics and info on our Instagram: @true.dit