Nashville, Tennessee 37203, United States
This last year I converted our family Nissan Cube into a fully functional, 100% stealth, 1 person, off grid, urban camper. This funky, economy car conversion is inspired by van builds, but is truly its own, unique little world.
The conversion includes:
1. A custom, insulated, wood slat ceiling with grey, velcro, removable, linen underlining
2. 4 large wooden storage units with lockable, removable tops
3. 1 single bed + trifold mattress with washable cover
4. A 7 gallon fresh water jerry can tank and a 1 gallon grey water tank
5. Collapsible sink and USB rechargeable water dispenser with 1/4" tubing into fresh water tank
6. Transformable indoor sitting area/desk with collapsible stool
7. A 12v fridge
8. 8 magnetic, multi-colour lights with remote controls.
9. A Jackery 1500 power unit
10. 2 portable, slim, 100 watt Rockpal solar panels that can be used to charge Jackery
11. A Zero Breeze Mark 2 A/C with remote control
12. 2 custom stealth, side vents with bug screens I installed in the car body that can be used with the Zero Breeze A/C or as ventilation so you don't have to roll down your windows at night. These come with a strong, low wattage, removable ventilation fan.
13. 5% tinted back and rear windows. 35% tinted driver and passenger windows.
14. Driver and passenger seat window rain guards
15. Custom, insulated, linen and reflectix window covers for all windows with suction cups
16. Artisanal hooks and roof edge hooks for umbrellas, hanging etc.
17. Ceiling ribs that can be drilled into for further ceiling storage - this car's generous ceiling height makes it great for attaching things up there for convenient storage (see magnetized keyboard in my photos)
18. Roof velcro straps for extra storage
19. Circular magnets for utensils and other metal objects to be adhered to exposed metal
20. 1500 watt hot plate
21. Collapsible wooden back door table / standing desk
22. Comes with an extra set of all season tires
23. Includes optional passenger seat which can be installed in lieu of bed set up
24. Buddy heater with 1lb. propane
You actually have enough space to carry a portable toilet in one of the storage units if you want to as well, putting it on par with most complete off grid vans.
The build took 3 and a half months and was quite complex considering there is nothing anywhere near this level of conversion for a Nissan Cube I have seen before. The design was completely made from the ground up as there is hardly a straight line in nearly the entire vehicle. Everything was templated and cut to fit this car exactly.
The only reason I'm selling is because I need a van for my equipment. I'm a musician and I have like 5 guitars, a bass, amps and bunch of other things I need for recording on the road.
This build is absolutely perfect for someone who wants to travel solo, get great gas mileage, and go completely undetected as I have been doing for the past few months in the Southern U.S. Put a rack on the roof and you'll be laughing, bike, extra storage unit n all.
All wooden structures in the build are also bolted to the vehicle body and rubber linings have been installed at logical contact points to eliminate rattles and squeaks.
Last year before my road trip I invested over $2K at the mechanic for the car. It's in great working order, has low mileage for its age. New brake pads, new battery, ball joints, and fresh oil change has been done. The tailpipe was replaced last year and the transmission was replaced a few years back. The tires are just over a year old and still have great tread. I fixed a few rust spots last year. There is one little patch at the back near the trunk handle that can be easily fixed.
I'm honestly gonna miss this little trekker quite a bit, but it's time for me to upsize and for someone else to inherit its mini magic. Perhaps that someone is you!
If we can negotiate some transportation costs, I am willing to potentially drive it out to you even if you're in a different state (I'm not going to Alaska, though ;)
I can accept payment by cash, certified cheque or Venmo.
108,000 Miles (listed as approx. 173,000 KMs on odometer since this vehicle is originally from Canada)
Avg Mpg: 28
Year: 2009 (S 4D wagon model)