Joshua Tree, California 92252, United States
- 1996 Mitsubishi Delica L300 Active World trim, right-hand-drive van imported from Japan
- Active World standard features: 4WD, limited-slip rear differential, dual batteries, more robust alternator, added roof insulation, special edition color and graphics
- Special edition mirrored window film for privacy
- Engine: 2.5 L Turbo Diesel
- 135,000 miles (low miles for a diesel engine!), ~18.5 mpg avg
I currently have the van built out into a camper with extruded aluminum framing, Cali bamboo ply, and durable laminate veneer panels. The van can easily be converted back into its original passenger van form, and I'm selling the original fold-down seats and carpet with the van. Though the build is bolted to the van, I did not add any screw holes or modifications to the van interior or body to accommodate the camper build, so it can be converted back to its original form cleanly.
The camper buildout includes a twin size pull-out bed with latex foam mattress pad, storage under the bed and in the cabinets, Lagun table mount with custom convertible dining/desk tabletop, Dometic propane stove + sink combo, 14 gal fresh water storage, and 300-watt solar PV, 2 brand new OPTIMA YellowTop batteries. The outside includes a Frontrunner Outfitters roof rack, BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Baja Champion tires, Baja Designs Squadron Sport Spot LED light pods, custom fabricated hitch receiver.
The van is in great shape, mechanically and cosmetically. I had it checked out at the leading Delica mechanic shop in Canada, and they tuned a few things up and gave it their seal of approval. It's been really great to me, and I've driven it all over the West. I became really attached to it, but I'm in a relationship now, and we bought a bigger van for the two of us. Please reach out if you'd like additional pictures or information.